To ensure the health and safety of our artists and audiences, we have established the following rules for attendance at Time Is On Our Side. We appreciate your cooperation! If you purchased a ticket prior to our posting these procedures and do not wish to comply, we will give you a full refund.
All audience members must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination before entering the theater. We will accept a vaccination card or a digital or printed photo of a vaccination card. We will also accept a printout of your vaccination record from the registry for where you live. Here are the links to the DMV registries:
We will grant exemptions from the vaccination requirement under very limited circumstances. To request an exemption, you must email email@example.com at least 12 hours before the performance you plan to attend and explain the reason for the exemption. No exemptions will be granted for requests made at the door. If you are granted an exemption, it will be conditional on your providing a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken the same day as the performance. Many CVS pharmacies offer rapid-result testing, but you might need an appointment. We will not accept at-home tests.
Except for the actors, everyone in the theater must wear a mask that covers their mouth and nose. You may momentarily lower your mask to eat or drink.
Everyone attending the event, not just the person buying the tickets, must provide an email address or phone number. This will help in the unlikely event that contact tracing becomes necessary.
The Silver Spring Black Box Theatre has made the following improvements:
- There are multiple hand sanitizer stations throughout the facility.
- All air filters in the HVAC system have been replaced and upgraded, and the system’s outside air flow has been increased.
- Air purifiers have been placed throughout the facility, including six in the theatre grid directly below the HVAC vents, so that as the air is sent into the theatre, it is meeting the air purifiers on its way down to the audience and actors.
- The cleaning crew comes in daily and cleans high-touch surfaces (bathrooms, door handles/bars, etc) in addition to their normal pre-COVID cleaning routine. Additionally, the venue staff have cleaning supplies and will Clorox wipe high-touch surfaces as appropriate.
- The mask and proof of vaccination requirements described above apply to anyone coming into building, not just those present during a performance.